Select to view content in your preferred language

Customize URL in query results of WAB

Jump to solution
11-03-2015 02:12 PM
MikkelHylden
Regular Contributor

I can see in WAB where i can flag the results of one of my fields as a link.  If the data in my features doesn't actually contain a URL, however, is there a way to put one of the fields into a format string so that I can build a URL based on it? 

For instance, if the feature returned has a field called docId and I want to pass that to an external URL that uses that in the query string to find a document, (ie end result is http://mydoclibrary.com/documents.aspx?docid=12345) how can I build that into my widget?  I know i could create a full URL field as a calculated field in the feature class and link that, but I'd rather not have to mess with the underlying data, as I don't strictly have control over that.

Thanks for any ideas,

Mikkel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

The eSearch has the ability to form links (hyperlinks) like this. It allows for building link content using multiple fields and any static text you want in the string.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

The eSearch has the ability to form links (hyperlinks) like this. It allows for building link content using multiple fields and any static text you want in the string.

MikkelHylden
Regular Contributor

One other question, Robert – is it possible to deploy the custom widgets in an app hosted on AGOL? We are trying to host the app I’m working on there, but the only help items listed for deployment look like I need to copy the widgets folder into my web application, which implies to me that I can only use custom widgets if we host through our own webserver, and not through AGOL. Is this the case?

Mikkel

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel

No custom widgets can only be used in apps that are hosted locally and not AGOL.

MikkelHylden
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation – I was thinking that was the case.

Mikkel

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

Don't forget to mark this thread as answered. To do this you have to open the thread (you can not see the correct answer link from inside your inbox) and then you will see the green star with correct answer link. Just click that link on the thread that answered your question.

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Regular Contributor

Thanks very much – I’ll check that out.

Mikkel

0 Kudos