change widget icon color when selected

Jump to solution
04-01-2020 09:38 AM
DryCreekEng
Occasional Contributor

Hello Web Dev community - 

I have three infographic icons on a header bar.  I would like to have the widget icon that is currently open change to a different color so it is more obvious to the general public that you must click on the icon to see the infographic.  See the picture below. I am new to website editing, but am good at following directions for where to change lines of code.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Natalie,

I was under the assumption that I could make changes to the widget in the WAB Dev folder on my C drive, save it as a different widget, add the widget to my site in WAB dev, then launch the site from WAB dev?

Locally yes. But that will not be available to the public until you host it on your web server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Natalie,

The issue is that you are using the AGOL version of WAB and Not WAB Developer so you can not modify code in your WAB app. The fix is very simple just commenting out  4 lines but you would have to have you site self hosted and be using WAB Dev for this change to work.

0 Kudos
DryCreekEng
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information.  I do have WAB Dev, but am still hosting final WAB webmaps on my AGOL account.  I was under the assumption that I could make changes to the widget in the WAB Dev folder on my C drive, save it as a different widget, add the widget to my site in WAB dev, then launch the site from WAB dev?  In the near future I will go down the road of setting up AWS to host my site, but that is another can of worms for another day. 

Thanks,

Natalie 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Natalie,

I was under the assumption that I could make changes to the widget in the WAB Dev folder on my C drive, save it as a different widget, add the widget to my site in WAB dev, then launch the site from WAB dev?

Locally yes. But that will not be available to the public until you host it on your web server.

0 Kudos