SaveSession.zip

11-07-2016 08:48 AM
Labels (1)

SaveSession.zip

This is a modified save session widget to save session as a local file. IE prompts user where to save file and Chrome saves it in the download folder. 

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hi Lefteris Koumis‌,

Thank you for sharing your useful modification of the SaveSession widget with the GeoNet community! I'm running into a couple issues when using this widget that I was wondering if you could consider. 

1. In Internet Explorer 11, if we enter a name in the SaveSession widget window and click "Save to file", it looks like the download appears at the bottom of the screen for a split second in the download/save bar, then it attempts to open the blob in the browser window:

Do you know how to avoid this?

2. We use the Add Data widget in our applications and have noticed that when we use this widget to add a grouped layer to the app, turn on sub-layers and save the configuration with the SaveSession widget, upon reloading the session, sub-layers within the grouped layer or not turned on. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback on these findings!

Jacqueline

Question, with the saved session widget. We have an issue where we add a web service and save sessions. Close the map and open it at a later date. When we add the saved session and the added layer comes back fine. When the user wants to remove this layer in favor of another, it is no longer listed in the remove layer list. This only happens when importing a saved session. 

Any thoughts? 

This is an old file and I don't currently maintain it.

You can see a newer version in an app posted at:

https://svctenvims.dot.ca.gov/DEA_Library/

Create a map and then use the Save/Restore widget located in the toolbar.

Version history
Last update:
‎11-07-2016 08:48 AM
Updated by:
Contributors