Select to view content in your preferred language

Water Utility Operations Dashboard, Scale

02-20-2013 07:56 AM
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor
I hope this is an easy one but I seem stuck on finding a solution.

I am configuring the Water Utility Operation Dashboard and surprisingly got most of the functions to work following the provided instructions for set up.  The issue is that my map only zooms in to a scale of 1:9,028 and I cannot figure out why this is happening. 

I've looked at the cached map services I am using and they are cached to either 1:1,128 or 1:564.  I've looked at the config file to see if I could pick out where min-max scale is set but did not recognize any triggers in the code.  I looked at the various widget config files to see if there was something there but could not determine what might be limiting my zoom extent.  

Where should I look, or what should I look at to set how far in or out the dashboard map will zoom in or out.  I really do not care how far out it zooms but I would like to have it zoom to 1:564.

Thanks,
DT
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
I believe the app is pulling the cache scales from the first basemap listed in the config.  Do you have an ArcGIS Online basemap listed in the config?
0 Kudos
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor
I believe the app is pulling the cache scales from the first basemap listed in the config.  Do you have an ArcGIS Online basemap listed in the config?

Thanks Mike.  It appears that that is exactly what is happening.  I have not made the changes to test a correction yet but the first basemap referenced in the app is the Canvas/World Light Gray Base Map.  I check on ArcGIS Online and it is only cached to the 9000 scale that my app is stopping at. 

Thanks so much for the helpful information. 

DT
0 Kudos