polyline end arrowhead issue

01-22-2018 11:16 PM
youngpark
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I have a merged line segment and I am trying to display arrow at the end of the line.   however, some arrowheads are appearing in the middle of lines.  does anyone know how to fix?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could check Problem: Arrow marker symbols are not placed as expected 

Description

When working with ArcMap Cartographic Line Symbols, it is possible to specify marker symbols to be placed along the line. Common examples are arrows at either or both ends of the line.

It is possible to offset these marker symbols a specified distance from the endpoints of the line or along the line, by setting an offset on the marker symbol. This process requires selecting the line marker symbol option Rotate symbol to follow line.

Cause

Offsetting does not work properly if using Arrow Marker Symbols and the rotation setting is Rotate symbol to follow line.

Solution or Workaround

Use a Simple Marker Symbol or Cartographic Marker Symbol instead of an Arrow Marker Symbol.

For arrowheads, follow the steps below, starting from the Line Properties tab of the Symbol Property Editor dialog box.

1. Click Properties.
  2. Click Symbol in the Line Decoration Editor dialog box.
  3. Click Properties in the Symbol Selector.
  4. Select character marker symbol from the type drop-down list. Select the ESRI Arrowhead from the Font drop-down list.
  5. Select color, character, and size as needed.
  6. Set the desired X offset.

The Y offset may need to be adjusted to center the arrowhead on the line.
  7. Click OK.

Think Location
0 Kudos
youngpark
New Contributor III

Hi Jay.

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried this already.  Lets say...  I have few thousands line and 15 %of them like this.  I assuming when those are merged geometry logic might messed up.  Maybe not.  Still having headache.  

0 Kudos
youngpark
New Contributor III

Hi Jay,

i have really similar situation with arcgis 10.1 - Remove/dissolve parts in ESRI line feature class - Geographic Information Systems Stac... 

however, the solution did not fit on my case.  is there any way to reset or revise end point?

0 Kudos