Select to view content in your preferred language

Local Gov. Model for Water - Special Fitting subtypes

03-31-2016 10:57 AM
AaronManuel
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm looking to get my department's (Water utility) GIS data moved towards the LGIM . Mainly so eventually I can do some actual network analysis with our data and put some topology rules in place.

Some of our data is halfway there already, but theres a few categories we are behind on - like the the fittings feature. Looking at the data dictionary and the utility network map I think I understand how everything fits together for the most part, but I have a few questions about how the LGIM handles meters / service connections.

1. We have a lot of meters that are tapped into the main, in pairs, via a "Y" lateral. The only examples I can see just show laterals going directly from the meter to the main and ending in a "tap" fitting. But the way I have to draw the Y in GIS it seems like there should be a fitting subtype for that as well, like right where the Y splits off. Or maybe I'm overthinking this?

I'm interested to hear what others do in this situation and/or what esri recommends.

2. We have meters that are directly on the main, no laterals involved. Should there be a fitting subtype for this as well?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
0 Replies