Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create online water utility network?

04-01-2019 08:22 AM
LinHan
by
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to publish water utility network to enterprise or server through ArcMAP? Because we want to create an online water utility network that all utility worker in campus can access via ArcGIS Online. Also, main functions can be operated online like flow direction, trace downstream or upstream.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GelisaSlyer
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like the Water Outage template may be what you're looking for! This template includes a Water Distribution data schema, maps, apps, and tracing capabilities in ArcGIS Online. Review the help for the Water Outage template to learn more.

MartinPflanz
Esri Contributor

Lin, the flow direction in a pressure network would be driven by hydraulics; the actual operation the system at any given time.  If that detail is needed for staff, I would encourage your group to use a hydraulic model solver.  You could use that analysis demonstrate flow direction for a particularly common operation scenario, then bring those results into GIS.  Again though, flow direction is subject to the operation, and may change.  (if it's a gravity system, its easier, we always hope it rolls down hill ).  Gellisa did send you a good solution to check out.  Curious though, what task would the utility worker be carrying out? That may give us a better idea of what other solutions may be worth looking at as well, look forward to your response!

Respectfully,

Martin

LinHan
by
Occasional Contributor

Martin, thanks for response! The key task that workers want to do is that if one valve shuts down, how it will affect the flow of water, or how water goes in the pipe. like what we do in ArcMAP, put a flag on one point and trace upstream. I have looked through water outage template, and that would be a good start to look into. Is hydraulics a model for creating utility network or a software? Can you give me a little more info on that? 

Thanks!

Lin

0 Kudos