Data has been deleted

08-23-2018 07:55 AM
Labels (1)
LisaRayburg
New Contributor

Situation:

Waterlines have been accidentally deleted from our SDE database.

I am able to get a back up/shapefile.

However, while I am waiting...

I wanted to use some of my personal back up data that I have from earlier this month (from exporting the data to a dbase or shp)

But... I need to be able to make a new line from the dbase table that i have. I do not have any xy data. All the file contains for any type of useful data that i know could be the Shape_StLe.

Any ideas if making a new shapefile from a table is possible? #waterlines newlines

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

If you had a way to match up your non-spatial table with a spatial source you could use geoprocessing tools to achieve this, but if that line you're trying to create is the one that was deleted out of SDE than you may be out of luck there.  If you were just trying to get the geometries for one or two features you may be able to go back to source drawings for the area or infer its shape based off of some stationing or linear referencing system (if you have one), but all of these approaches can be fairly difficult.

0 Kudos
RexRobichaux3
New Contributor III

As Robert mentioned- do you have any common unique attributes / data between your exported table and the original / soon to be restored data? Perhaps line segment ID, Asset ID, etc.? If so it should be fairly easy to join up the data via append, data loader, etc. However, if there are no coincident attributes between the two sources (assuming one spatial and the other tabular only) you might have to achieve this manually.

If the personal backup data you mentioned was exported as a shape- you should still have spatial components to the data or possibly I'm misunderstanding the state of the data sources you have? Hope this helps!

0 Kudos