Select to view content in your preferred language

Change symbol rotation - Water utility network

03-31-2020 12:59 PM
Letíciad_Agosto_Miguel_Fonseca
Esri Contributor

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to rotate some symbols in my Utility Network PRO project (using ESRI template: water distribution network editor) but I can't change the ones that already have numbers.

Example: I want to change the rotation from 119 to 29, calculating on field calculator it runs, but it brings me back the same number (119). (Image attached)

Any help will be very usefull 😃

Regards,

Layane Beatriz Silva Loti

Antonio Marcos Pires Martins

0 Kudos
14 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

There might be an attribute rule that is resetting it based on the orientation of the line it intersects with.

Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

We are awere about the rule attribute, in fact we calculated the rotation for the ones with the value 0 in the attribute table using the numbers that meet the rule criteria.

But how could I edit the ones already populated? Do you know if Is there a way to "turn off" the rule and set to 0 again?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

You can disable the rule from a GP tool or design view.

Ideally though, if you want to override what the rule is setting, you'd check if there is a value in the field before writing a value to it.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Set the values to null

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael and Paul,

It worked setting values to 0 and them using the calculate field with the attribute rule enabled.

Other issue is that our fittings are not following the "right" line to rotate, as the tap in our example.

We think this problem might be related to which line the fitting is using as a reference, is that right?

Any ideia how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Layane Beatriz Silva Loti

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The symbol might need to be rotated in the layer. Is it always this way, for every tap?

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

The symbols are already rotated in this example. Yes, it is always this way for taps.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Then just rotate the symbol in the symbology of the layer

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

I think I was not clear before, sorry about that. I have tap's in different directions, so If I change the rotation of the symbology, it is applied for all of them.

Thanks!

0 Kudos