Prior ArcHydro and Hydro content

07-10-2014 10:12 AM
Labels (1)
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Folks,

All content from the June 2010 - June 2014 ArcHydro forum was dumped into All Places -> GIS -> Solutions place with an "Arc_Hydro" tag.  Navigate there via All Places and select the content tab.

Similar for the Hydro content. It was dumped into All Places -> GIS -> Solutions place with a "Hydro" tag.

Use the "filter by tag" button and apply one of these tags--then enter any keyword to search.

Discussions/Questions can be opened here on this Arc Hydro‌ open group meetup. Or opened in All Places -> GIS -> Solutions and linked back with whats new as appropriate.

Remember the key to making this work efficiently for us all is using appropriate tags with each new discussion.

Stuart

Update:  over the 12-13 July weekend, all the migrated ArcHydro forum content has been relocated into its own new Sub-Space Arc Hydro‌ should help to keep things organized.

Message was edited by: V Stuart Foote Correcting information of this posting.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewMoffitt
Occasional Contributor III

"Remember the key to making this work efficiently for us all is using appropriate tags with each new discussion."

Will do.  Here goes nothing (again for the 3rd forums change in my lifetime)

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

...or there could just be an appropriate forum for things to be posted in. ESRI seriously doesn't believe that everyone is ALWAYS going to use the RIGHT tags, do the

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Something clearly is not working here. And I know for a fact there was WAY more than 143 posts in the original ArcHydro forum. Where is that content?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Tom, *,

Yes, over the weekend there was additional work on the GeoNet structure.

ArcHydro has received its own Sub-Space Arc Hydro --note the space-- and content looks to have been migrated there.  No longer lumped together with other content in GIS -> Solutions.

So we now have the Arc Hydro "users" Group (created by Christine) for general discussion and collaboration, and the Arc Hydro Sub-Space for Q&A type discussion and help.

Stuart

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm confused: When I go to the "Space", it is empty. Is that the expected behavior? Not much in the "User Group" either.

And why would some the ArcHdyro discussions be dumped in "Managing Data"? Why can't ESRI "turn on" the old forums while they get this new site straightened out? It's very frustrating to not be able to find even the most basic of information, which leads to a challenging work day. I'm not getting paid to spend hours hunting through difficult to navigate content. I am not alone with this frustration.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Tom,

When you land on a place the default landing will depend on how it was created.  Arc Hydro is landing on its Overview panel. Simply shift over to the Content panel.  Should look more familiar

And why would some the ArcHdyro discussions be dumped in "Managing Data"?

If you'll recall the ArcHydro and Hydro content originated on the old vBulettin forums in the Data Models area, the Solutions forum did not come till later. The half dozen posts that show in Managing Data came from there.

Why can't ESRI "turn on" the old forums while they get this new site straightened out?

The old forums are gone! RIP 3 July.  Off line and receding into the past.

0 Kudos