User login:  ADSRiverHydraulics
Password changed to:  ADSRiver.2014

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
Tags (2)
55 Replies
EmmettPerdue
New Contributor
If using the web client posted by Stuart in post #2, once you click on the mft link and go to the log in page, there are links below the "login" button that will download videos on how to use the client.
0 Kudos
BryanForrest
New Contributor
Thanks.  I had looked at the vids previously, but didn't realize I had to go to the file, thought I could download the folder.
0 Kudos
VictorCarbajal_Perello
New Contributor
Hi,

I tried to download "Arc Hydro" through 2.Third party SFTP client, because I have a lot of problems with the "Catchments (Catchement Polygon Processing) " (the application keep frozen).

And I used: User: ADSRiverHydraulics
                Password: ADSRiver.2014  

and is not working, does someone changed the password???

(also I have tried to download with Filezilla:
sftp://mft.esri.com
ADSRiverHydraulics
ADSRiver.2014

and it doesn't work)

Anyone can help me?

V.
0 Kudos
VictorCarbajal_Perello
New Contributor
Ok, I have done. Magically? I think so...

Hi,

I tried to download "Arc Hydro" through 2.Third party SFTP client, because I have a lot of problems with the "Catchments (Catchement Polygon Processing) " (the application keep frozen).

And I used: User: ADSRiverHydraulics
                Password: ADSRiver.2014  

and is not working, does someone changed the password???

(also I have tried to download with Filezilla:
sftp://mft.esri.com
ADSRiverHydraulics
ADSRiver.2014

and it doesn't work)

Anyone can help me?

V.
0 Kudos
TerryStaggs
New Contributor II
I'd like to make a general observation and request for those who have stewardship of ArcHydro tools. By the traffic on this post alone, it seems that access to this software is problametic to many who would like to use this software. I am not sure what all documents and software are available on the site that so many, including myself, are having access problems with. But, I am reffering this post to the common ArcHydro Tools and perhaps the basic pdf document that gives explaination and instruction that works with version 10.2 of ArcGIS.
Currently, I can easily download a version that works with 10.0 or 10.1. It is accessible off of the ESRI Resources web site, and even though some think this site is "borked". I have been able to easily acquire and use ArcHydro Tools from this site. I am curious and frustrated that a version that will work with 10.2 is not similarly available, especially since it so problematic to otherwise acquire. Why 10.0 and 10.1 available, but not the version that works with 10.2?
I realize that some, especially Stuart, are quite satisfied with the current status quo on this. But, by the number of posts on this thread, it does seem that many are having a very difficult time acquiring this software and I doubt they are happy with the current system. I know I am not.
Is it planned on getting a version that works with 10.2 up on the ESRI Resources site at some time in the future? Hopefully before it becomes an 'older' version that does not work with whatever the current release of ArcGIS happens to be at the time.

Respectfully,
Terry
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Terry, *,

An MFT based delivery, as opposed to a password ftp service as existed previously, is not an especially high hurdle for even average users to clear. Especially given that a user looking to integrate use of ArcHydro Tools (and perhaps the HEC GeoRAS and GeoHMS) in their workflows would require computer acumen a notch above the skill set of the casual user of GIS.

Reliability of Esri's choice of MFT does seem a bit off of late,  but in truth I have not experienced more than a couple of hours of non-availability for a single session with the https://mft.esri.com services for the 17 months--since November 2012--that the service has been in use. It works at least as well as the prior FTP services.

The ArcGIS Communities --> Hydrology --> Surface Water site links to extremely old and static builds of ArcHydro Tools -- the linked versions should NOT be used as they are unmaintained.  Current build for ArcGIS for Desktop 10.0 is 2.0.1.156 (the communities site post was for 2.0.1.133), and current build for ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 is 10.1.0.297 (the communities site posting remains 10.1.0.96). 

In short folks should learn to use the provided MFT service.

Stuart
0 Kudos
TerryStaggs
New Contributor II
Staurt,
Based on the number of posts describing problems accessing the software, your repeated stance that everything is fine as it is can be debated.
My previous post was addressed to folks who have stewardship of this data and the mft access portal. It was not addressed to you. You have made your stance abundantly clear and you do not need to repeat it again for my sake. I do not appreciate the inferred insult you made toward me and it does not belong on this forum.

Terry!
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Terry,

Sorry, no insult intended--just being realistic, you alone seem to have the issue with this community service as provided by Esri.

Based on the number of posts describing problems accessing the software, your repeated stance that everything is fine as it is can be debated.

A half dozen users with transitory issues connecting to the MFT service is hardly a crisis.

My previous post was addressed to folks who have stewardship of this data and the mft access portal. It was not addressed to you.

Perhaps, but really not much point for you to complain to a project support forum when a simple PM would get you direct answers from Esri.

Suggest that you contact Esri Professional Services - Water Resources Team at archydro@esri.com
Christine Dartiguenave monitors that email address and would likely answer for the team.
Alternatively, you could directly contact Dr. Dean Djokic -- ddjokic@esri.com, it is his team.

Might be worth the effort as despite a functional repository with viable MFT delivery, Esri Professional Services might be willing to make other arrangements to support you and your fellow users at the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Regards,

Stuart
0 Kudos
ElinKarlsson
New Contributor
I connected to the https://mft.esri.com/EFTClient/Account/Login.htm and tried to download ArcHydro 10.2 but it failed. I then needed to log on again but when using the new password once more I get the message "Not logged in".
Do you have any problems with the site now?
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
@90elka, *,

Logged in without issue just a moment ago using an sftp client (FileZilla).

As noted previously, for users choosing the https web browser Java applet, you will have to tell your browser at several steps to allow it to run.

Stuart
0 Kudos