Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify the nearest downstream gage from USGS data from a set of dams

05-12-2016 06:13 PM
Labels (1)
XianyingFan
New Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to identify the nearest downstream gage from USGS data from a set of dams.

I created geometric network containing flowline feature class, dam point feature class, and gage point feature class. Following suggestions from early posts, I set the attribute enabled to false for the points in the gage feature class so that they stop the trace and reset the flow direction in the network to the digitized direction. After assign HydroID to the two point feature classes, I performed the "Find Next Downstream Junction" tool hoping that the HydroID of the nearest downstream gage points can appear in the attribute table of the dam point feature class, however, I only got the HydroID of the nearest downstream dam points instead of gage points. Is that because the tool can only find the next downstream junction of the same point feature class? Is there any way that I can find the next downstream junction of other point feature class in the network?

Is that possible for me to get the python script of the "Find Next Downstream Junction" tool and modify it so that it will perform the function of finding next downstream junction of other point feature class? How could I realize it?

Thank you so much!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies