GRID_CODE mislabeled in the intermediate file in Sink Evaluation

Jump to solution
03-26-2014 03:34 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: taojing

I use ArcMap 10.2 and Arc Hydro 2.0. I also tried ArcMap 10.0. I got the same error message when trying Sink Evaluation (image 1). It initially appeared to me that the intermediate file tmpA81 does not have the field called Grid_Code in its attribute table. But when I opened that file, it has a field name as gridcode, instead of Grid_Code. The Dissolve function in the error message also only checked Grid_Code for further running, but left gridcode unchecked (image 2). So basically the Sink Evaluation stopped at Dissolve step due to that it could not find the field with the exact name of Grid_Code in the intermediate file. I tried to manually make the check option to complete Dissolve process. Only one expected output file - Sink drainage area was generated, and the second expected output - Sink Polygon does not show. So the function is not completed. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32542[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32543[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to Christine with ESRI team!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to Christine with ESRI team!
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

The problem was due to the fact that the version of Arc Hydro was not correct. There was a change in ArcGIS between 10.1 and 10.2 with the name of the grid_code field generated by the Raster To Polygon tool. This field is used in Arc Hydro to dissolve the newly created polygon features So if you do not have the correct version of Arc Hydro for the version of ArcGIS you are using, you will see this error.

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos