Catchment Polygon/Adjoint Catchment Problem

08-10-2010 07:30 AM
ScottMcGrane
New Contributor
Hello all:

I'm trying to use ArcHydro to automatically delineate 8 research catchments.  Yesterday, it was working without any problem.

Today, I'm getting the following message whenever I try to run "Catchment Polygon Processing":

"-2147220982, the object has been deleted and is no longer valid. [xxdis]"

It then displays the catchment polygons anyway - I follow this by running drainage line (which works fine) but the next step, "Adjoint Catchment Processing" runs and states "it has successfully completed", but gives me an output with no data!

HELP!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BenPlush
New Contributor
Hi,

Diid anyone ever find a solution to this issue?

I have had the same problem. I completed the same pre processing steps with the same data a few months ago and it worked fine.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
LeeMullon1
New Contributor
I have a similar problem. I was running "Catchment Polygon Processing" in arc hydro v10, the process "Completes" but with no output. It was working great. Now nothing. Not even any errors. It is the same using the toolbar or toolbox options. So far nothing is working.
Has anyone else experienced this in the past?
0 Kudos
CadencePhillipe
New Contributor
I have similar problem ALL the time. Any solutions can anyone email caddy2012@yahoo.com?
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
In my Arc Hydro training with ESRI I was told that, when things start going "funning", get out of ArcMap, go to your temp directory and delete everything you can. Then start up again. This has cleared things up for me many times.

In Windows 7, mine is at C:\Users\mboucher\AppData\Local\Temp. You can tell if this is where the ESRI program puts temp files, by opening the folder, sorting by date (new to old), and starting ArcMap. If this is the right directory, you will see temp files being created. There are some that you can't delete while in other programs so you may have to close all programs to delete all the files. There was usually one that I could not delete. It's name became familiar and I assumed it was related to Explorer.

This was such an issue for me at one time that I had a shortcut of the temp directory in my tray and opened it all the time to make sure ArcMap/Arc Hydro wasn't frozen.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
C:\Users\mboucher\AppData\Local\Temp.

To find this directory you may have to change your Windows Explorer settings to show hidden files. In Windows 7 this is under Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > Hidden Files and folders > Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
The ArcHydro team have released an update version of ArcHydro 2.0 that can be found on their ftp site that based on my experience has resolved the problems with HydroID's and Adjoint Catchment generation. Ensure that you uninstall any previous ArcHydro versions as well as APFramework.

Regards
0 Kudos