arc hydro Burn Stream Slope

03-09-2013 11:50 AM
Labels (1)
JohnDudula
Emerging Contributor
Hi, I was just wondering when I went through the steps in arc hydro it work fine until i got to Burn Stream Slope. I then select the correct layers and and press OK. The program then just dose nothing, I don't get error message, and a it dose not show that its running. Its as if OK button has been replace with cancel button. I looked in the form and did not see anything like before, if it has send me link to were it has happen or if I'm missing something please let me know?

thanks
Tags (2)
10 Replies
MarkBoucher
Honored Contributor
Rajat,

That seems like a long time to be burning streams. I've posted several things at this link:http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/48100-ArcHydro-Problem-Solvers

If you are still having long runs with not results, check the temp file and see if the the number and time stamps on the files are changing. My temp file is at C:\Users\mboucher\AppData\Local\Temp.

Another tip is to put all the data on your local PC and not on the network. I'm no network expert, but I my suspicion is that the data transfer over the network is slow and maybe the data can be "corrupted" as it goes through local routers, etc. When I started putting my files on the local drive, things sped up dramatically and errors stopped happening. Obviously, you will want to put the files on the network for on-going backups and for the final product. Before moving it all, set the option in the mxd to store relative path names. This will keep you from having to remap the data paths. Also, make sure you update the target locations for your Arc Hydro work. If you don't, some data will be stored in the wrong location.

Hope these tips help.  Cheers!

Mark
0 Kudos