Adjoint Catchment Processing issue

04-23-2016 06:44 AM
Labels (1)
MERVEOZEREN
New Contributor II

Hi there!

I am trying to see the boundaries of my three rivers' watershed. I am having an issue on adjoint catchment processing. I attached a screen view of my map. I've read some of the posts related. I think I succeed on filling the sinks. But if you can tell me how can I test it I would appriciate it. Catchment grid seems OK this time to me. I rebooted my computer several times and emptied Temp folder. These don't solve the problem.

I've already spent too much time making this analysis. Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thank you.

Merve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This is the procedure... Creating a depressionless DEM—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop I am sure you are familiar with it.

Even if you are using archydro, at some point you can only summarize what the literature says, what tools say they do and interpret your results accordingly.  Identifying the procedure and put it in the context of the published literature is more than adequate for a thesis.  Your results are really not relevant... they are 'correct' in terms of the limitations of the methodology and the data your used.  As long as you can demonstrate that ... and no one's lives are lost as a result of your work ... then no one can fault you. 

Good luck... remember... "the only good thesis, is a done thesis"

MERVEOZEREN
New Contributor II

Mr. Patterson,

Your students are really lucky to have you. Thank you for reminding what a thesis should means to me. I will keep that in my mind.

I will also have a deeper look at the link you sent.

Thank you again.

m.