ESRI UC Agenda Planner?

05-21-2015 06:00 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

Any update to when the Agenda Planner will be released?

i last saw may as a general time frame, didnt know if we were any closer?

Dave

56 Replies
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

What is the name of the planner on Apple Store? I don't see it.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Esri Events

If you search for Esri you should find it.

Edit:  glad you found it Chris.....I was trying to include a snapshot of the image..

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Thanks. I was looking for it, but looked for Esri Agenda Planner.

0 Kudos
TomSedlacek
New Contributor III

OK so I added a bunch of sessions on the PC version yesterday for a couple of HOURS and today I can't find the link?! Did ESRI take it down for some reason?  I assume it will be back soon so I have a couple of questions:

1. Can a person’s schedule be printed or otherwise shared with another?  The boss would like to see what I have planned.  Conversly, can I add sessions or otherwise set up a planner for someone else?

2.  I saw that you could search by presenter but one I had the persons schedule up, it would show the times, but not the days they are presenting.  It's great that Ken Field is presenting a cartography session at 3:00.... but WHAT DAY?  Furthermore, I can't click on the 3:00 session to take me to the detailed description.

3.  It would be nice to know when a session will be repeated later in the week, but I don't see that info (on the app).

4. It would be nice to see the selected sessions in a calendar style view (a'la pervious years) so I can see all days at 8:30 for example.

I apologize for the whining but this app make it really difficult to prioritize...

DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

Hi Tom - I looked in my browser history and found the link https://www.gatherdigital.com/apps/1949/gatherings/2046/events

I ended up just using Excel to make a schedule. That way I could print it and it seemed to be much simpler then using the online app.

TomSedlacek
New Contributor III

Thanks Daniel,

Unfortunately they wiped the 2 hours of planning I did previously.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom, for what it's worth, on my PC I went to the link in Daniel Yaw Jr.​ mentioned above. I used the pull-down in the upper left and used "my account" to make sure I was logged into the UC, then selected the UC...selected my planner, and one of the days I know I had something in, and it was there.

Actually, after I saw it all coming up (what I did earlier this week on the PC and from mobile...all sync'd), I wanted to capture the above, so I decided to log out and try it again, and when I selected my account, I got this before I hit the logout button.

Which is incorrect, since I am a registered attendee....so that is strange.  I think this is just an incorrect message, since usually you have to be registered to even use the myPlanner option.  FWIW, They did fix the issue with having two tabs for speakers on this tab.

Anyway Tom, might be worth a few minutes to try again.  I hadn't book marked it, so I used Daniel's link.  But my guess is esri took it off the main UC page because they are trying to fix a few things.  Another interesting thing about the link, if you do it on a mobile device, it gives you the option to grab it from the devices "store", or go to the mobile's browser version, which also seems to work.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Whoooo hooo.....  The UC planner is on the ipad app now!!!  (6/29/15) 

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, the online agenda planner has been updated but is almost unusable.  It's super slow and every time you pick a session to add to your planner, the site resets back to the top of the list of sessions forcing you to scroll down the list and attempt to find where you left off.  It's going to take hours and hours to put together a planner.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My guess is it's because it's getting really heavy use right now.  When I first saw it (and before many knew about it) it was a bit snappier. Now it's a bit sluggish, but just until the day is loaded.  I think off hours it will be a little better.

And although it isn't instant, my ipad and browser version are syncing.

It will be interesting at the UC, but if you have most of your options already selected/thinned-out, you can have it on you myPlanner (star) or calendar...then it should be faster.  Looking at the full schedule is where I see the slow down.

BTW - mine is NOT resetting to the top of the day after selecting a session.  If I select the star, after looking at the details, I can continue panning in the "TOC" session list.

EDIT:  Royce Simpson  I see what you mean about it jumping to the top of the list....on the PC browser version it is doing this.  The iOS app seems to handle it a bit better.  But I noticed another responce after this on that had a hint....I'm going to try that one myself.

0 Kudos