ESRI UC Agenda Planner?

05-21-2015 06:00 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

Any update to when the Agenda Planner will be released?

i last saw may as a general time frame, didnt know if we were any closer?

Dave

56 Replies
TomSedlacek
New Contributor III

It sounds like the planner will be an app and not on-line through the agenda?!  That's an awful lot of info to read on a small phone screen. I have eye strain just thinking about it, especially since I have to do it for several people.  Just give us back the agenda planner we have been using and enjoying for years.  BTW, when are EITHER going to be available, UC is less than 4 weeks away!

KarenRichardson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tom - the planner will be online on the web as well - never fear! It is currently in the Google Play and Apple stores. As soon as it is released, we will get it up so you can use it.

RichardOwens
New Contributor II

Karen,

Any word on the status of the planner?​

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karen, assuming the answer to Richard's question is still soon (I.e. No real eta), is there any chance you can provide an excel or editable PDF with just the date/time, titles, room, and if there are other sessions. Others details could be looked up on the online agenda already available, but that would help with preplanning/thinning of personal suggestions, and will make it easier to transfer once the app is realeased.  Even a PDF of the pocket agenda might help.   Only a couple more weekends before the UC...valuable time to review the agenda.  

thanks, and I'm still looking forward to using the app once released.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

...update...just noticed it is available as an iPad update....downloading now!   Yea!

...edit:   App updated 6/25/15.... But agenda not quite there yet...but closer to being released I assuming.

0 Kudos
LonSharp
Occasional Contributor II

I finally resorted to simply writing down the sessions I want to attend and figuring a preliminary schedule by hand.  My boss needs to have an idea of what I'll be doing.

On a plus side, the updated iOS app will now accept my ESRI global login, which it rejected in the previous version.  Now if they could just get the UC on it.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I use the planner to find stuff and then enter my schedule into google calendar. Easier to understand, easier to share.

I'm one of those people that really can't stand the UC app. Maybe it's a generational thing, those win-8 style tiles just annoy me. Web 2.0 does not impress.

StevenPredmore
New Contributor

I was able to go to the Agenda Planner expand all the days I'm interested in making sure you scroll down to the bottom of each day otherwise you don't get all the sessions for that day. Then select all (control a), then copy it to the clip board (control c). Then I was able to paste the copied text into my text editor (control v).  Once in my text editor, I can work with it!

DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

Were you actualy able to see the 2015 UC on the events app? I am running android, and it is not showing up for me. Also, my ESRI login does not work on the app.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

​I think Steven is talking about expanding and copying the info from the agenda online Agenda | 2015 Esri User Conference    I decided to do the same (copy and paste to a .doc file) until the planning feature is released online and/or the apps.

the iOS version of the app had an upgrade available on June 26 that allowed you to login with your global account.  However, the UC2015 is not appearing on the conference list yet (as of June 29 a.m) but I think that is just a matter of it being released (my guess).

Re: not being able to log in:  I don't have an android device, but I would check to see if the upgrade is available yet in that store.  If you have the upgrade installed, make sure you are using the account you use for the UC (global) and not your arcgis online, in case they are different.

0 Kudos