Select to view content in your preferred language

Route Export Failing

12-20-2011 08:33 AM
GavinMayeda
Occasional Contributor II
Ok, new issue with the same routing as mentioned in my last post.

Again, this is with ArcLogistics 10.

I am trying to export the routes as a .mdb or .accdb file. I am able to get to the actual export, and then I receive the following message "Failed to export the report. There is no valid datasource for this report.ODBC export cancelled"

The reason for exporting the route, is that we attach additional information to the actual routing reports.  This went flawlessly last year when using 9.3.  Has something changed with exporting?

Please let me know.

Thank you
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffWickstrom
Esri Contributor
Hello Gavin,

I guess you are exporting from the report preview window?

Regardless, nothing has changed between 9.3 and 10.  At least nothing that I would expect to have caused new errors.

I also tried exporting to an mdb ODBC data source from the print preview window.  Same error you saw.  Exporting to something like RTF works ok.

Maybe there is another way to do what you want.

What would this export to mdb have in it?  Given the free-form nature of the report format(s) the exported table(s) would have to be a bit of a mess.

Please describe further what you want to do.  Feel free to email me at jwickstrom (at symbol) esri.com.  Also, do you have the Crystal Reports designer/editor?  Perhaps you could customize the report so your external data is linked in - without the extra export to odbc step.

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos