Select to view content in your preferred language

Plug Ins???

12-09-2009 11:36 AM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Are Plug Ins similar to the new Add Ins for 94?  Managed Code, i.e. c#, vb???  Or IronRuby, IronPython???
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
If I do a search for Plug Ins, the doc is kinda weak.  Two listings, and one is the vocabulary page.  BTW, If I click on the vocab page, I would expect, to be taken to the Definition, and currently, I have to scroll to the location.

Need more doc for plug ins, samples?
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Should be a doc on Plug Ins Settings, or be found with a search.  Doc does not describe much, perhaps this is still being worked on, nothing in help that I found for Plug In Settings, there was a Plug In Preference, but nothing mentioned for Server Address, Port, etc..
0 Kudos
JeffWickstrom
Esri Contributor
Hi Ted,

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Regarding 'Plug Ins', this is generally the extensibility mechanism(s) for ArcLogistics.  For example, the 'Send Routes to Navigator' action panel on the Deployment tab is created as a Plug-In and we'll provide a similar example.

What extensibility we support with the first release depends upon what people think is most important and is still in flux.  So please do let us know what you would like to do.

For example, we know that having custom ways to get data in and out of ArcLogistics is important.

Technically it will mean making a .Net component in whatever tool/language you prefer.

Jeff
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Hi Ted,

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Regarding 'Plug Ins', this is generally the extensibility mechanism(s) for ArcLogistics.  For example, the 'Send Routes to Navigator' action panel on the Deployment tab is created as a Plug-In and we'll provide a similar example.

What extensibility we support with the first release depends upon what people think is most important and is still in flux.  So please do let us know what you would like to do.

For example, we know that having custom ways to get data in and out of ArcLogistics is important.

Technically it will mean making a .Net component in whatever tool/language you prefer.

Jeff

So, is there a way to add XAML for AL, or ways to integrate behaviors and styles/controls with Blend.  That would be kinda cool.  Personally, would like to see support built for DLR languages, but I get it that there are way more c# developers out there than IronPython, at least for now.
0 Kudos