Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract Looped Road Network

01-19-2014 08:37 PM
shivamparashari
Deactivated User
Hi,

I have a road network (polyline) having some dangled nodes and looped roads. I want to extract those looped roads(marked inside blue color). Is there any possibility to do that. Thanku in advance.

(:[ATTACH=CONFIG]30622[/ATTACH]
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Hi,

The roads(lines) with same start and end points (nodes) have been extracted. Also, its working till the spatial join. Now, the problem
seems to be in the third point (Summary Statistics). I performed the summary statistics, but is doesn't seem to work according to my requirement.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30884[/ATTACH]

What are the names of the roads in the circle.  Is there only one name?  If so then my instructions won't work.  You would have to use a Sinuosity value of 1.5 approximately to get that partial loop.  If they are different road names then my instructions meet your requirements and you did not do them correctly.
0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
One big issue is that, all roads have different names, so it is not possible to work it out with Spatial Join (with the same road name).
😞

I do not know what you are talking about.  The arcs you have shown me could have different names or the same name.  In any case, I don't think you understand the nature of the problem you are describing.

The instructions work for partial loop roads touching a road with a different name.  I did not intend to imply that they would work on partial loop arcs that touch a road with the same name.  Sinuosity would solve most of those problems for at least 3/4 loops.

Your graphics now need to show road name labels and you need to tell me the sinuosity values of the arcs you are circling for me to help you, since your pictures do not provide enough information and your thoughts on what is wrong are not making sense.
0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
The graphic I included in my post giving the instructions showed what they accomplished.  It is clear to me that what I did meets your requirements if the circled roads in your last post have two different road names.
0 Kudos