Select to view content in your preferred language

TGI5 - Episode 044 - Site Location Analytics with ModelBuilder

01-25-2022 06:52 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome back to Telecom GIS in Five Minutes. As telecom projects involve so many aspects and processes. The more time we could save on some repetitive workflow, the more time we can move to the next big thing, such as more time with our family. So today, I want to share with you a recent engagement where I have built some cool little tools to solve some common but could slowly become very tedious types of problems - with ModelBuilder.

So ArcGIS ModelBuilder is a visual programming language for building geoprocessing workflows. Geoprocessing models automate and document your spatial analysis and data management processes. You create and modify geoprocessing models in ModelBuilder, where a model is represented as a diagram that chains together sequences of processes and geoprocessing tools, using the output of one process as the input to another process.

In the past episodes, we have showcased a lot of techniques and ways to understand better our current or future markets. So let's take a quick look at what is involved and how it works in action, to perform a site location analysis.

ModelBuilder allows you to do the following:

• Build a model by adding and connecting data and tools.
  • Iteratively process every feature class, raster, file, or table in a workspace.
  • Visualize your workflow sequence as an easy-to-understand diagram.
  • Run a model step by step, up to a selected step, or run the entire model.
  • Make your model into a geoprocessing tool that can be shared or can be used in Python scripting and other models.

Since you are here, more detail for you:

ArcGIS ModelBuilder - Link

Make a Geoprocessing Model in ArcGIS Pro - Link

My First Impressions of ModelBuilder in ArcGIS Pro - Link

ModelBuilder 101: For ArcGIS Pro users who want to automate workflows - Link

You can download the sample project here. Please be aware some of these geoprocessing tools will consume credits or require specific licenses, so please proceed accordingly.

Till the next time, we out.

Junjie Ma | Solutions Engineer |  Telecommunications

0 Kudos
0 Replies