Cable TV Data Model

06-20-2014 09:10 AM
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III
Does anyone know if the Telecom Data Model has Cable TV as well? I'm looking for ideas on how to model our hybrid fiber/coax CATV system. If so, where can I find the data model?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor
Does anyone know if the Telecom Data Model has Cable TV as well? I'm looking for ideas on how to model our hybrid fiber/coax CATV system. If so, where can I find the data model?

Thanks,

The Telecom Data Model is now apart of the Fiber Data management Tools on the Esri Solutions Site.  The Fiber Tools were specifically built for fiber editing.  If you are looking for an out of the box solution, we have partners that can help you out, or the Project Planning Markup solution might offer you the basic data model you are looking.
Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III
Thanks Patrick,

We currently use Schneider Electric's (formerly Miner and Miner, then Telvent) Fiber Manager product for all our fiber plant inside ArcMap, but it doesn't have anything for the COAX side of things. I have the beginnings of my COAX stuff as a separate dataset. However, I'd like to be able to trace through my fiber, nodes, and all the COAX down to the customer service point level. I'll contact Schneider to see if they have a data model that includes COAX or how they'd handle it.

Thanks for your reply,

Lane
0 Kudos