Parks and Rec finder-Server 10.3

Jump to solution
04-21-2016 11:30 AM
Labels (1)
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

We just switched to Server 10.3 from 10.2, does the app not work with 10.3?

http://gis.ashland.or.us/ashlandparksandrec/

It was working yesterday (we switched last night). I don't see any error and the services seem to be all working.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I think the answer is that we did not cache a basemap.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Here is a screenshot in Google Chrome using Developer Tools (F12) set to Console:

There is an Uncaught TypeError:  Cannot read property 'getWidth' of undefined

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Would this error stop the page from loading? I have not done anything but copy code over, I would not think that would change the app unless it is a 10.3 thing.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if this error would stop the page from loading, as I was just reporting the error from Developer Tools.

Can you test reverting back to 10.2 AGS services?

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes we got the 10.2 up and running. It now works because we are pointing to the old server. This makes me think that it is something we missed or that it is not compatible with 10.3.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I think the answer is that we did not cache a basemap.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Rickey:

I'm just curious if you use F12 Developer Tools on your app run against AGS v10.2, do you still get the error I pointed out to you?  I'm just wondering if like you said this error has nothing to do with the true cause of why your app was not working against AGS v10.3 services.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Michael, 

I do think I got the same error. I shut down the server already so I am not 100% sure. The app is now working so I would assume it has nothing to do with why it was not working.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Rickey:

I only bring that up because it is an instance where error logs are misleading and do not help you to track down the real issue that is causing the problem.

Did you ever look at your AGS logs to see if an error was being thrown there about the service that was incorrectly setup in 10.3?

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Michael,

I did not think to look there!  I will next time!  The errors I was getting were 200 304 and 404.

I think I might have come the solution a little bit faster if I had looked sooner.

0 Kudos