Select to view content in your preferred language

Parcel Editor seems slow

08-16-2010 08:30 AM
MarkVolz
Frequent Contributor
I have noticed that Arc 10x seems pretty slow compared to 9.x.  I have noticed that the new parcel editor seems particularly slow.  I will often wait about 15 seconds before I am allowed to edit a parcel.

My machine is rather new - core 2, 4 GB ram, decent graphics card.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to how I can speed the system up?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
DianeRodrigues
Emerging Contributor
Has anyone found the solution to this problem?  I'm also extremely frustrated with the speed problems.  I'm seriously debating starting from scratch and not importing any data.  Just redraw the entire County over time.  I don't even want to imagine how long that woudl take.  Just 85,932 parcels to redraw . . . .

For the record I'm running a Geodatabase on SQL Server 2008, Arc Map 10.2, all updates ran, parcels went though the appropriate topologies prior to importing.  Everything else runs beautifully except when I try to use the Fabric . . .
0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor
What spatial type is your fabric stored in? If it is GEOMETRY, copy and paste the fabric as SDEBINARY and test the behavior again, and vice-versa if it is already stored as SDEBINARY (Esri Binary). You can find out the spatial type from the General tab on the properties of one of the fabric classes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28730[/ATTACH]

During copy and paste, you will be prompted to choose the spatial type.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28731[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
-Tim
0 Kudos