Select to view content in your preferred language

LGM MasterStreetName & Multiple Jurisdictions

10-03-2012 08:26 AM
TomNeer
Regular Contributor
I think I'm missing something here but what is the recommended procedure for duplicate road names in differing jurisdictions? The county dispatches to the entire county so I have several roads with duplicate names (county vs city). I would like to separate these in the MasterStreetName table but it looks like the LGM uses the road name as the primary key.

I know how to fix this but was hoping to not make a significant change in the LGM that this would require. Looking for potential alternatives.

Thanks,
-Tom
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
Tom -

You could enter in the street name multiple times in the Master Street Name table and populate the unique jurisdiction for each record. Then change the Validate_Attribute_Lookup Attribute Assistant rule in the Dynamic Value table to check for the name of jurisdiction when looking for a proper street name. 

The street name is not a primary key in the Address Editing Map.  Its just used to populate the proper road name on the Road Centerline and Site Address features.

Scott
0 Kudos
LoriBeidler
Emerging Contributor
I'm struggling with this same issue of having multiple jurisdictions with the same road name and making sure that I choose the right one from the table.  Is there a way of getting the street name drop down list to also display the jurisdiction if it's populated in the Master Street Name table?  I tried to adjust the Dynamic Table but was unsuccessful in achieving what I need to.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lori
0 Kudos
TomNeer
Regular Contributor
The fix is fairly involved and something I haven't tackled yet. Primarily reason... I only have 3 roads I have to deal with.

The problem is that ESRI is using the road's FULLNAME as a unique ID. The road's FULLNAME may be unique in most urban situations where cities and counties manage their data separately. The difficulty seems to lie with rural counties that provide GIS for both the county and many of the smaller cities/communities. This is on my list of discussion topics for the UC, but no higher priority right now.
0 Kudos