Select to view content in your preferred language

Geocoding is geocoding a small percentage of addresses

07-10-2014 07:35 AM
Labels (1)
WilliamRice1
New Contributor

I have created an address locator obtained from county data of the street centerline of my city. That locator style is dual range where I used the LEFT TO/FROM and RIGHT TO/FROM ADRESS. I also have a city parcels shp file(Single Address Style) where I created a composite address locator of the two locators. I am geocoding close to a thousand addresses and when I run the geocoder only about one third of my addresses are being located. All of the others are unmatched.

I'm trying to explore the data table to see what the problem is but I can't seem to figure it out. I created a field of Street number with street name where the geocoding is based upon. Like I said, I am only getting one-third of my addresses matched and the others are unmatched, so I must be doing something right.

Any suggestions or thoughts as to why this may be happening.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

First off; what version of ArcGIS are you using?

Without seeing the addresses you are trying to geocode, it's hard to say what the problem is; could be your addresses aren't formatted for the data you are matching to. Even if they are formatted correctly, could it be that only 1/3 of them are actually valid and the other 2/3 are not?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
WilliamRice1
New Contributor

I found out that only one-third of the addresses geocoded because I had a large amount of empty cells for some odd reason. Thanks for your help though!

0 Kudos