ArcGIS solution deployment error

06-28-2018 10:46 AM
Labels (1)
JenniferWoodward2
New Contributor II

I am trying to use the arcgis solutions deployment tool for the first time and I keep getting this error.  (none type object has no attribute type) see screen shot.  I cant find anything about it.  Anyone seen this before?

12 Replies
EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

I recently encountered the error as well. Not sure what is going on but wondering if it has to do with the Pro 2.2 release.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jennifer, Eric,

I am wondering if this is happening for all solutions or just particular solutions? I just attempted to deploy Capital Project Dashboard to my org and everything worked successfully. I believe I have encountered this error in the past, but it only occurred in specific organization with a couple of the solutions. The issue occurred when the tool was attempting to create the hosted feature layer. I found the org didn't like the name of the layer even though a layer didn't already exist in the org with the same name.

EricShreve

Hi Chris,

I attempted to use this Debris Reporting Solution. I initially tried to use my day-to-day organizational account to deploy the solution and had no success for the Feature Services, Web Map, Ops Dashboard, & Survey123 Form. When I switch accounts and went with this organization I had no problem creating the solution. I believe it may be related to how the current org is set up for my day-to-day job?

Thanks,

Eric Shreve

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Eric, I haven't found a specific organization setting that causes this issue. However, if you wanted to try a quick test it would help confirm if it was the same issue I have seen in the past:

If the theory is right you will get an error because the org doesn't like the service name 'DebrisReports_v2'. I have found if you repeat the steps and change the title at step 3 it creates the service with no issues.

0 Kudos
EricShreve

When I attempted to create the feature service by the url it appears I get an unresponsive page when I finalize the "Create a feature layer".

The screenshot below froze up and did not actually do anything in AGOL.

AGOL Hangup

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

If you do the same but give it a different title then DebrisReports_v2 does it work successfully?

0 Kudos
EricShreve

Chris when I changed the name to "DebrisReports_v2_AZ" the feature service was created succesfully.

Is the workaround to create a new feature service from the ArcGIS Solutions if ArcGIS Pro is showing an error? I would also like to deploy the Ops Dashboard, Web Map, and Survey123 Form.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

I found one workaround was to publish a new hosted feature service from Pro called DebrisReports_v2. It really can be any data just have to force a new service into the org with that name. Then if you deploy the solution it will see a service already exists with that name and give it a unique name which should resolve the issue.

EricShreve

Chris, thanks for the information. It is kind of frustrating that some of the ArcGIS Pro Solutions do not work especially if they are advertising it as a "solution for immediate use by your organization". It also is strange knowing that if I sign out of organization and sign into another one it has no issues on deploying the solution.