Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with NTv2 datum transformation in an WMS Service under ArcIMS

08-08-2010 06:21 AM
Labels (1)
Gabriel_J_Ortiz_Rico
New Contributor II
Hi.

I am using ArcIMS 9.2 to deliver a WMS service using the WMS connector. The service has been created and it's working find. It must support several coordinate systems in different datums. When implementing the first datum transformation, i realized that there is a slight problem:

I decided to use the method NTv2 on-the-fly, and i am using the gsb file of my country (the right one, and the same that ArcMap uses to do this transformation). The WMS service responses correctly and applies the datum transformation BUT there is a slight difference of about 1.5 m of displacement in the Y axis that i cannot understand. If i load the same data source in ArcMap and apply the NTv2, and at the same time i connect to the WMS service to get the same image, there is a little difference of positioning (1.5 meters in Y axis for the WMS image), in spite that both sources are using the same GSB file and the same geodesic transformation method.

Has anybody grappled with this problem? Any workaround? Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.
0 Kudos
0 Replies