Select to view content in your preferred language

How Will the Census Bureau's New CPS ACES Income Estimates Affect Business Analyst Income Estimates?

09-08-2015 11:38 AM
EvanMacDougall1
New Contributor

Today, My boss forwarded me a blog entry (see link below) that begins with this quote:

"The Census Bureau has been working on a redesign of the ASEC income questions for 14 years, attempting to improve the accuracy of the nation's official income statistics. When the bureau releases the 2015 CPS ASEC results on September 16 (with income data for 2014), the redesign will be fully implemented."

We use ESRI's Business Analyst Desktop product to run custom demographic analyses, with the income analyses being one of the most important.  Is ESRI going to be doing anything specific to address these changes that the Census Bureau has implemented, or will it continue to be business as usual just with slightly different numbers?  I don't want to assume anything, but any idea or direction would help us know if we need to make any adjustments on our end.

I've linked to a blog with background to my question here:

Demo Memo: The New Income Estimates

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

-Evan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
binitafelicity
New Contributor
The Annual Capital Expenditures Survey provides broad-based statistics on business spending for new and used structures and equipment.The American  cps test  Community Survey (ACS) helps local officials, community leaders, and businesses understand the changes taking place in their communities. It is the premier source for detailed population and housing information about our nation.
0 Kudos