How to identify 3 closest facilities with Drive Time Area Polygons using spatial join

07-12-2017 10:29 PM
SH013
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Currently, I have a drive time polygon Area in a feature class format. This is generated through ArcGIS Online using the Drive time Analysis tool.

In the past, I have always been able to perform a spatial join in ArcMap (JOIN_ONE_TO_MANY Operation) to identify all of the drive time polygon area that intersects with my points of interest to identify the shortest drive time and the respected site/facility to the points of interest. This has been a rather simple smooth process to perform until now. I am now looking to derive the three closest facilities and its drive time to the point of interest. In other words from the intersected drive time polygon, I'm now looking to derive not just the closest but the top three shortest distance to the point of interests.

I am looking for a process which avoids doing this manually as it is labor intensive and time consuming. I also don't believe it is practical to do this manually. However, I am currently struggling to figure out what that process is to derive the result i'm looking for.

Hopefully someone has done something like this in the past and can help shed some light for me. Some how, I feel like this is probably something easy to complete. I am probably just over thinking it. (crossing my fingers)

I have provided an attachment of my attribute table which basically shows three columns showing the drive time area polygon that intersect with a particular point. Obviously from looking at it, one can tell that 30, 90 and 240 is the top three shortest drive time to the point.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies