Select to view content in your preferred language

Hot Spot Analysis based on Spatial Location

Jump to solution
09-03-2014 08:36 AM
WilliamRice1
Deactivated User

I'm using ArcMap 10.1 with a standard license :

I am trying to do a Hot Spot Analysis based on spatial location. Can this be done without doing further quantitative analysis? (i.e. z-scores)

I have a point feature class for certain addresses in a city and would like to show hot spots or high frequency of points in a particular area. Is there a way that I can show hot spots using just spatial locations in a point feature class? Or is there another option or tool that would acheive the same result that I am seeking?

-Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HemantAngarkar2
Frequent Contributor

Point Density is available in all 3 licences (Basic, Standard and Advanced) provided that you have spatial analyst extension enabled (Customize>Extension>Spatial Analyst)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There is a Point Density (in the Spatial Analyst Toolbox) that might work for you.

Kind regards, Xander

0 Kudos
WilliamRice1
Deactivated User

Thanks Xander! However, the standard license either doesn't support the Point Density Tool or the tool is not enabled. ERROR 010096

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Frequent Contributor

Point Density is available in all 3 licences (Basic, Standard and Advanced) provided that you have spatial analyst extension enabled (Customize>Extension>Spatial Analyst)

0 Kudos