Select to view content in your preferred language

Animating a .tif sequence

04-10-2019 11:27 AM
SarahMcCabe
New Contributor III

I have 12 years of 89 daily .tifs. (Snow/Climate derived from MODIS)  I think I want to animate them, but there is no time field in these 1band Zero/One .tifs.  The only time stamp is in the file name.  How would I animate them?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

add your rasters to a map, group them, and order them appropriately, and then use the animation toolbar to create a group animation. This can be exported to a .avi file. If you need a different format, such as a .gif animation, you will have to search for software to create that from your images, as ArcMap does not have that capability.

0 Kudos
SarahMcCabe
New Contributor III

I will try that -   you mean, group them in a Layer, in sequence?

Never heard of the animation toolbar.  Missed that somehow.

0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes. If you search help on “Making a group layer animation”, you will see some available options and some instructions. Give me a reply if you get hung up, and I, or someone else on the list will help you.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Cousins

GIS Project Scientist

S.S. Papadopulos & Associates, Inc.<http://www.sspa.com/>

7944 Wisconsin Avenue | Bethesda, Maryland 20814

Direct: (301) 500-2271 | Office: (301) 718-8900

jcousins@sspa.com<mailto:jcousins@sspa.com>

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any attachments are intended only for the addressee(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure or use by a third party. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and its attachments, and destroy any electronic or hard copies that you may have created.

0 Kudos