Select to view content in your preferred language

Negative Values in Network

Jump to solution
07-14-2021 10:05 AM
CameronCole
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

I am loading Routes into my 10.5.1 R&H LRM and found that one set has some negative values in for the from measures and even some for the to measures. The vertices and M values are linear and all going in the right direction but will this cause a problem in the future for events or anything? 

for example:

BMP = -3, EMP = 1

the m values increment from -3, -2, 0, 1 (in general)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanKoschatzky
Frequent Contributor

From what I have seen it is technically not an issue but we have a business rule that all routes should start at zero measure. You should be able to use the edit calibration point tool at the calibration point at the start of the route and check the update downstream to fix if you so choose.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RyanKoschatzky
Frequent Contributor

From what I have seen it is technically not an issue but we have a business rule that all routes should start at zero measure. You should be able to use the edit calibration point tool at the calibration point at the start of the route and check the update downstream to fix if you so choose.

0 Kudos
CameronCole
Occasional Contributor

thank you! 

That was my gut thought but wasn't sure. With your policy how do you handle a route extending in beyond 0? Just adjust everything down stream? 

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky
Frequent Contributor

We create a new zero location and update measures downstream. Our events are set to stay put so the X,Y stays the same but the measures are updated downstream.

0 Kudos