Export Network Bug is impacting LRS Interface to AgileAssets EAM

11-15-2021 06:30 PM
KevinHunt
New Contributor III

NYSDOT and NYS ITS are currently working with AgileAssets on the "LRS Gateway" interface which uses the Roads and Highways REST API to update the LRS network and events in the NYSDOT AgileAssets Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System. 

While completing final testing, we uncovered a problem with the Export Network service that has been documented and reproduced by Esri Tech Support.   When running the Roads & Highways’ ExportNetwork GP tool (needed for the interface between AgileAssets and Roads & Highways) at NYSDOT, we noticed the Concurrency output from the tool is different between a File geodatabase and the enterprise geodatabase imported from the same file geodatabase. The file geodatabase’s Concurrency output appears to be correct, whereas the enterprise geodatabase’s Concurrency output is missing records.
R&H Version: 10.7.1

Here is the bug that has been established:

BUG-000144531: "Running Export Network returns different results if input layer is stored in file gdb or enterprise gdb."

There is an additional bug from earlier this year that Esri believes may be related:   BUG-000139908: “Calculate Route Concurrent GP Tool does not produce consistent result on SQL Server”

Our tentative workaround for an initial LRS Gateway "sync" is to publish and run the ExportNetwork and RelocateEvent services from file geodatabase copy of our current enterprise geodatabase.   

4 Replies
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

Any indication if the same behavior exists in other versions? 

0 Kudos
KevinHunt
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan, 

I just heard from Ting Wang at AgileAssets that he tested the issue with both 10.7.1 and 10.8.1 and both behave the same.   The bug has just been established this week so I assume the product team will need some time to investigate.

RyanKoschatzky

Thanks Kevin. I will pass this along as we are planning to use 10.8.1 in Production next year. 

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky

In my test of the export network , we had a difference of 1,782 concurrency records.