Select to view content in your preferred language

Build failure on iOS with Qt 6.8

Monday
Labels (2)
JustinSteventon
Occasional Contributor

Hi folks,

I am in the process of moving to Qt6 and Maps SDK from Qt5.

I have just upgraded to Qt 6.8 and the ArcGIS templates fail to link. It looks like the missing symbols are from FFMpeg maybe, e.g. _av_buffer_create, _av_codec_iterate, _avcodec_decode_subtitle2, etc.

Is this a known issue or maybe something is wrong with my configuration?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JustinSteventon. What platform are you on? We had done some early testing with the Qt 6.8 betas and didn't see any problems like this.

0 Kudos
JustinSteventon
Occasional Contributor

I am on MacOS with XCode 16.0. I will check the Windows + Android build later and report back.

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

I tried a 200.5.0 template with Qt 6.8.0 on macOS (albeit using Xcode 15.2) and it links ok. Can you confirm if you installed the multimedia library with Qt 6.8.0? If you're upgrading from Qt 5, Qt moved some of the extra pieces into the "Additional Libraries" section with their installer. We do require a few of these, including Multimedia. 

Note this screenshot is not our requirements. It's just an example. We do require (at a minimum), positioning,  sensors,  multimedia, and websockets Qt libraries.

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 3.38.50 PM.png

0 Kudos
JustinSteventon
Occasional Contributor

Yes, and my MacOS build works fine. Also, I see the ffmpeg binaries in the Qt iOS plugins folder. I have reverted to 6.7.3 and the build works fine. 

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Ok @JustinSteventon, sounds good. If you were still having issues with Qt 6.8.0, that is something I'd like to chase down. You should be able to use 6.8.0 if you want, and that's the latest LTS release as well.

0 Kudos
JustinSteventon
Occasional Contributor

Right, for sure it needs to work. I noticed that the QML intellisense for 6.8 is busted, so it looks like it needs a bit more bake time. My plan is to return to this in a month when everything has been figured out. I assume that you guys will be testing 6.8 for your 200.6 release in any case.

0 Kudos