Undo geoprocessing tools?

08-30-2019 02:04 PM
DariusBuinovskij1
New Contributor

I need to create tool for ArcGIS pro, which shall have new undo possibility introduced in 2.3 release. The problem is that such feature is not documented for eevelopers. There is only info that few new tools support it: Undo geoprocessing tools—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Anyone know how to create custom geoprocessing tool which will have possibility to toggle on Enable Undo?

Maybe such possibility shall be enabled in some other way?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Are you planning to use the data access Editor module?

Editor—Data Access module | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
DariusBuinovskij1
New Contributor

It's currently implemented using this module, but I noticed that starting from 2.3 some GP tools (delivered by ArcGIS ) "Enable Undo" possibility (important for customers) and tried to find out how to enable such possibility for custom tools, but it looks as undocumented or some internal ArcGIS feature. I mean that it's not clear how to get this button (image below) in custom tool. Such feature is very useful, since you can run GP in ArcGIS Pro Edit session and user decide to save changes or no (using save/discard buttons in Edit tab).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I haven't seen any option in user created custom tools, even for functionality that is similar to esri tools.  ie field calculator tools that don't use the Calculate Field tool, but emulate the functionality

0 Kudos