Select to view content in your preferred language

!shape.length@meters!

03-14-2017 09:09 PM
Ayesha_
New Contributor

In model builder as i am working on geoprocessing tool in which it is required to calculate length of polyline in meters.In field calculator i wrote a query in python !shape.length@meters! against a new field  in the feature class.after completion and running sccessfuly at arcgis desktop end i published the tool.BUTTT when i run the gp service it gives an error that

!shape_lengthgth@meters! is written in field calculator ...i dont know whats wrong at server end as it is working successfully at arc desktop end.plz tell the solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

!shape_lengthgth@meters!  Is this what it is actually returning? The underscore and mis-spelling is that a copy paste or whatever problem?

0 Kudos
Ayesha_
New Contributor

yes exactly after successful completion of the gp tool i published it on server but service is not running  i checked at server end gp tool in "arcgisserver" directory and edit the tool there i get issue in calculate field "!shape_lengthth@meters!".....even at arcgis desktop it is !shape.length@meters! written in calculate field..............why it is sooo??

0 Kudos
Ayesha_
New Contributor

i recreated a  new tool again same happend......:(

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

check to ensure that the python parser is set in the field calculator and the field it is going to is a numeric field... and the spelling issue and capitalization since the keywords apparent seem to be case sensitive .... here is the help topic