Select to view content in your preferred language

raster clip for multiple geotiffs

11-23-2015 12:56 PM
TomCarlson1
New Contributor

I need to trim the collars off of many USGS 7.5 minute quadrangles for a state.  I have the quads as GeoTiffs and have the polygon boundary for the whole state. I think there are about 1446 quads/Geotiffs where each matches a rectangle in the polygon. Does anyone have a script or model that will do this I can modify for my purposes? FYI, the polygon is basically a grid of rectangles.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You may want to change this to a question instead of a discussion if you want more user to see it...and get more responses.

I have no quick answer for you now (sorry), but have done something similar in the past.  My guess is others have something a faster answer.

Cross-posting  Managing Data

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

I don't have a working model for you, but if you're willing go down the Python script route, your main workflow would be something like:

1.) loop through your rasters

2.) use Make Feature Layer to create a (temporary) layer for the polygon that matches your raster

3.) use Extract By Mask to extract the pixels overlapping your polygon to a new raster

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Topic appears to be duplicated help with script to clip or trim collars from USGS quads...

Tom, in the future, to cross post, you can just tag a space using the @ and the space name, e.g. Imagery and Remote Sensing

Other thread has more info....you might want to delete this one (Darren Wiens​ ...might want to post you comment to the other thread.)

0 Kudos