Problems finding Time at a location with field calculator

Jump to solution
09-18-2015 09:03 AM
VirginiaWalgren
New Contributor

I am trying to figure out how to calculate the time that is spent at a particular location I have the arrival and departure times. When ever I try to use the field calculator to solve for the time spent anything over a few seconds it has the totally wrong time for.

For example the first column is the departure time and the second the arrival, but the elapsed time gets wonky after you go over a full minute.

Initially the TransTi column was written 74657 and not as time. It is likely that is where things are going wrong, but other than changing the number format on properties to custom I could not figure out a way to get the column to have the : between the numbers as they should.

Currently my field calculator just has [E_DTM_tim] - [TransTi]

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
VirginiaWalgren
New Contributor

That helped somewhat, I still have 34 rows that didn't populate, but that is way better than the whole table being wrong. Thanks.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I wonder why it didn't do the whole table. Is there something different about these fields, maybe an extra space?

VirginiaWalgren
New Contributor

Yeah, they had too many leading zeros. That's been fixed now. The list populated all entries this time around. Now I just have to remember how to strip the date off the time.  But that will wait until Monday.

0 Kudos