Problem with StageService_server

03-27-2019 08:25 AM
JohnTragesser
New Contributor

Running ArcGIS 10.4.1 Desktop and Server:  We have map services in test, once vetted, we move to production.  I had been using a script to change the datasources in the test MXD document from test to production databases.  But I'd like to also automatically generate a Service Definition.  I don't need to publish it to production, I just want to generate the Service Definition.  I can generate the .sddraft file, but running the "StageService_server" tool seems to hang in a non specific error.  

The error is:  ExecuteError: ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7, 7).  Failed to execute (StageService)

I verified that the MXD does not have any errors that would prevent a service definition from being generated in ArcMap.  I'll handle the warnings and errors later, I'm just attempting to generate a Service Definition from a clean MXD right now.  Any ideas?

I've attached the code I've got thus far.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Cook_CountyGIS
New Contributor II

Could it be the single slash \ in the paths for old and new?  You have double slashes \\ for the rest of the path parts.

0 Kudos