Looking for some python code that will start and stop services in ArcGIS Server 10.3

Jump to solution
06-04-2015 09:50 AM
GailJorgenson
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to find some python code that will start and start ArcGIS Server 10.3 services.  The code will be used  as part of an automated cycle for reconciling and posting.  The reconcile post portion of the script is written, but I need to start the services for this to work & then restart.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Gail

0 Kudos
12 Replies
WestervilleGIS
Occasional Contributor

I am unable to get the script provided to work.  I also tried one that esri provided and it threw a bunch of errors.  The one above seems to run, except it is not doing anything.  The print statement at the top is not even printing.  Did you get this to work properly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you looked at http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=12dde73e0e784e47818162b4d41ee340

which is the ArcGIS server admin toolkit.  I have used it with 10.2.x but it should work for 10.3 too.  Only thing I don't like is to use as script, it needs an admin user/password.

0 Kudos
WestervilleGIS
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I tried that this morning as well.  I have a ticket in with support about the toolkit script not working.  For some reason it is giving and error in the dialog window for my server name.  The server only has one name.... not sure what else it could be. Waiting to hear back from them....

0 Kudos