import arceditor does not set proper license level

Jump to solution
12-23-2014 04:46 PM
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I recently upgraded a system from ArcGIS 10.1 tot ArcGIS 10.3. The system is pointing to a concurrent licence server with Advanced and Standard licenses. In version 10.1, I am convinced that when using the import arceditor before the import arcpy statement (in the standalone IDE PyScripter), would force the license to Standard and not grab the highest available license what import arcpy normally does.

At 10.3 it grabs the Advanced license even though I have the import arceditor statement before the import arcpy statement.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is this just me?

I am not supposed to grab the advanced license and I don't want to create an ARCGIS.opt to reserve the advanced license, which would make it totally inflexible.

Thanx in advance for any insights you may provide...

Kind regards, Xander

0 Kudos
28 Replies
RonaldOverkempe
Esri Contributor

Hi All,

In ArcGIS for Desktop 10.4 it is possible to check out the license 'arcview' for scripting in ArcGIS for Desktop Basic mode (python 2.7.10)

python.png

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanx for posting this information. That's good news!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

uhhhh they are still going to be using 2.7 in 10.4??? why? or was that just an example?

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, 10.4 = 2.7.10

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Kevin, I had hoped they would have standardized to 3.X since Pro uses it.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed with the 10.5.1 release?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The Issues resolved for 10.5.1 in The Py Links

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Dan:

Are you just pointing me to this link to show that the issue has been addressed?  Or are you just pointing me to this address to check myself to see if this bug has been fixed?

It does not appear as though this issue has been fixed in the Issues List, unless someone can show me otherwise.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Michael... oops... it was addressed... but the last link I copied was the link to my Py blog where I pasted the issues addressed link... but it was, to save you the look-see... but I do put links to all things in my blog for future reference

0 Kudos