Select to view content in your preferred language

Historical Aerial Exporting from single MXD file

07-23-2017 10:03 AM
ShaunCondron
Emerging Contributor

Hello All -

I'm working on trying to put together a workflow that will eliminate having to export / make multiple MXD files for historical aerials. What we've been doing is making 10 MXD files for each aerial year then exporting that year to a PDF for exhibits. I'm sure there has to be an easier and more cost effect way of achieving the same end goal. But sadly I have limited python code experience

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Map document contains property boundary polygon shapefile and a WMS service that stores the historical aerials(where we've been turning years off and on for exports) 

Thanks much!

Shaun

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/managing-data?sr=search&searchId=8f6cb88b-7106-4167-a41a-b1...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is multiple toggle on/offs in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro which allows multiple maps.

Alternately, you may need to spend some time learning how to use python and their respective map automation options in arcpy

mapping in ArcMap

mapping in Pro

There are probably a number of examples on GeoNet where people have automated map production to produce pdfs etc. Perhaps someone else has links they can provide, but at least a read-up on the basics will familiarize you with the concepts

0 Kudos