Create geodatabase on desktop SDE

Jump to solution
05-18-2015 12:14 PM
PaulKroseman
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone have a script or know which geoprocessing tool to reference to create a geodatabase on the desktop version of SDE? (10.3)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Yea....I'm pretty sure we don't have any out-of-the-box tools or scripts that would allow you to do this outside of the GUI for personal sde.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlexanderNohe1

I believe that you are looking for the following help documentation:

Create Enterprise Geodatase (Data management)

Create Enterprise Geodatabase—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

PaulKroseman

I was thinking that but I could not find the authorization file to input. Where do you find the authorization file for the desktop install?

0 Kudos
FreddieGibson

You should see a keycodes file in a path similar to C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.3\sysgen. This would be on a machine with ArcGIS Server installed.

0 Kudos
PaulKroseman

I am using the SQL express database that comes with the Desktop package (Database_Server_Desktop_103_143531.exe). I can create geodatabases using the GUI as shown in the attachments without an authorization file. I wanted to script this process.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Paul Kroseman​, you are interested in Personal/Desktop SDE, right?  The links being provided are for Enterprise SDE or enterprise geodatabases.  Personal SDE or desktop geodatabases don't require additional keycodes like workgroup geodatabases and enterprise geodatabases.  If you are interested in desktop geodatabases, check out Database Server (Desktop) installation guide.  I don't think setting up desktop geodatabases is as scriptable as enterprise geodatabases, but I haven't looked into it completely.

PaulKroseman

Yes, I am looking at the Personal/Desktop SDE. I have it setup and working but I would like to script the creation of geodatabases. I find it odd that scripting would not be supported or requires an ArcGIS Server license.

0 Kudos
FreddieGibson
FreddieGibson

Yea....I'm pretty sure we don't have any out-of-the-box tools or scripts that would allow you to do this outside of the GUI for personal sde.

0 Kudos
PaulKroseman

Freddie Gibson wrote:

Yea....I'm pretty sure we have any out-of-the-box tools or scripts that would allow you to do this outside of the GUI for personal sde.

I'm sure you meant "we don't have any".

0 Kudos