Select to view content in your preferred language

CellSize in Raster Layer

08-19-2015 04:00 AM
AmeyaNatu1
Deactivated User

I am creating python toolbox where I want to check all the input Raster layers have same Cellsizes or not. If not then I am going to enable another input parameter for unit.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

And quite what is the question here?

Describe objects of raster files and the raster bands in those files have various properties.

See here :

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

As you can see the cell size is a property of the band.

An easier way is to create a raster object from the raster file.

Then access the cell size property from the object.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Neil, Geonet is currently having issues with hyperlinks to 10.1/10.2 help docs.  All your links go to the main help page.  You may want to find your links in the 10.3 documentation starting at What is ArcPy?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop and then edit you response above.  Other option is to use the link key and past the URL into that.  cut-and-paste of 10.2 help docs are the issue (has to do with the # sign in the link).

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Rebecca.

thanks for pointing this out.

However, I find the online help for 10.3 absolutely hopeless. A lot of links to things but no actual directory structure of help. Got to search for everything, which is the modern trend I suppose.....

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Neil, I have to agree with you some there, although I'm trying to get used to it.  however, if you check out all three of you links, the all still go to the "welcome to help" page, not the location you are trying to point.  What has worked for me is, as mentioned, using the (chain icon) link option and pasting the actual link.  If you can find the links you were trying to point the poster to, you can edit you response with the correct links.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

you could also get it from the GetRasterProperties tool

0 Kudos