Cannot add any layer from web (secured map service)

05-31-2014 09:45 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: crisforu

Dear All,

I have configured portal for Arcgis with Integrated Windows Authentication and accessing Arcgis server (configured windows security). Please note that Arcgis server is not federated with portal for arcgis. I am getting the below Error in Portal for arcgis while adding the secured map service.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34236[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34237[/ATTACH]

Please Refer the below error log file

Portal Log:
esri.gw.publish.AgsServicePublisher isHostedService
SEVERE: AgsServicePublisher wasn't correctly initialized. AgsServicePublisher.serviceBaseURLWithoutProtocol is empty.

I appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasad
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: HandsomePete

Dear All,

I have configured portal for Arcgis with Integrated Windows Authentication and accessing Arcgis server (configured windows security). Please note that Arcgis server is not federated with portal for arcgis. I am getting the below Error in Portal for arcgis while adding the secured map service.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34236[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34237[/ATTACH]

Please Refer the below error log file

Portal Log:
esri.gw.publish.AgsServicePublisher isHostedService
SEVERE: AgsServicePublisher wasn't correctly initialized. AgsServicePublisher.serviceBaseURLWithoutProtocol is empty.

I appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasad

Prasad,
ArcGIS portal does not give helpful error messages.  I suggest using something like fiddler or the browser developer tools to watch traffic.  We had all sorts of issues that we couldn't see because there were going on under the hood.

As to your problem, have you seen this thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/98687-Cannot-add-any-layer-from-web-(map-service)
0 Kudos