arcpy.sa.TopoToRaster Visual Fortran error

04-05-2016 10:09 AM
RodrigoRocha
New Contributor II

Hello everybody , I'm trying to run Topo to Raster by Arcpy, in a ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 , however, every time appears the following warning and ArcGis closes. I did an experiment by turning the Topo to Raster directly from ArcToolbox and worked perfectly. I also tried to run the tool in ModelBuilder , successfully. The error message are attached.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RodrigoRocha
New Contributor II

Hi Peter,

After 2 years without accessing this forum, due to personal problems, the files I used in a new attempt is attached, but i'm still frustrated.

Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Rodrigo Rocha 

I'll have a look at the following and get back to you shortly. Sorry I've not been on the forums either for a while. I've changed my career direction from geospatial to data science.

Regards Peter

0 Kudos
RodrigoRocha
New Contributor II

Steve, what intrigues me is the fact to error only when running in arcpy. If I use the same inputs and cellsize in TopoToRaster directly from ArcToolbox, can generate raster without any problem !!!

The solution presented by the link: https://geonet.esri.com/thread/102133#comment-468079 would not be the cause, for my Desktop is already with such a configuration ...

This problem is occurring in ArcGIS 10.2 ...

Any help is still welcome

Thanks for help and still available.

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Rodrigo

What about trying it with fewer contour lines (i.e. select about 80%)?

What about in a standalone script?

How many columns and rows does the output raster have?

-Steve

0 Kudos
RodrigoRocha
New Contributor II

Hello Steve, how long did I remain without accessing this forum!

I followed your suggestion and used a region with fewer outline lines (very small).

I did not quite understand your other suggestion of using a stand-alone script.

The shapefiles I used, as well as the script are attached.

I tried to run it again in the Python terminal of Arcgis (10.2) again,

but the same error described at the beginning persists.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Rodrigo

Please email me (slynch@esri.com) a zipped copy of the data and the parameters that you are using.

Thanks

-Steve

0 Kudos