Select to view content in your preferred language

Refresh MapView in Pro - ArcPy

11-06-2023 03:23 PM
PhilLarkin1
Regular Contributor

When running a Geoprocessing Script Tool that modifies data (eGDB, fGDB) within a map, changes are not shown in the map without workarounds. This issue persists at Pro 3.1.0. Please expose a method in arcpy that allows for a MapView to be refreshed.

@JoshuaBixby@GlenColgate1@NSCHLAGE@ArapahoeAdmin,

Tags (1)
4 Comments
HannesZiegler
Status changed to: In Product Plan

You're in luck, we're already working on this!  This status does not guarantee that the functionality will be in the next release, but development work has begun. Release cycles vary by product so make sure to check the product life cycle information to get an idea of when to expect the next release.  

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.3. See Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 for a full list of all user ideas you can look forward to! And be sure to check out the release blog and what’s new help topic and video to learn more about all the new features and functionality in the release.

BriannaF

The new RefreshLayer function in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 does not seem to work when running Python scripts/custom script tools on versioned data in an enterprise geodatabase. I still can't get the data to update after running a custom Python script tool unless I hit the Refresh button on the Versioning tab. Is there an arcpy function that accomplishes the equivalent of the Refresh button in the Map View section of the Versioning tab? 

HannesZiegler

@BriannaF are you able to log a new idea for this? I'm not entirely sure if this is a missing feature or a bug, it will require some investigation by possibly another team. Either way, it is at risk of getting buried here.

When logging an idea, it helps us tremendously if you can include a detailed description of your use case. Feel free to include any context/additional details you think may be helpful to us. 

Thank you!