Overwrite Web Layer fails with Error 001369 and Deletes arcgisinput Folder on Server

04-08-2022 01:17 PM
LauraHaley
New Contributor

A overwrite web layer process failed when publishing from ArcGIS Pro to our enterprise portal. It turned out that there was an issue with the data source in one of the layers in the map.  I fixed that issue but was unable to try to overwrite it again because the service was no longer started.

In arcgis server manager, I can see that there is now two services with the same root name. There is one with a date and time appended to the service name that is started. The original service is stopped.

LauraHaley_0-1649447822256.png

The original service can not be restarted. It throws an error that the file does not exist in the arcgisinput directory

Service failed to start
Internal.DevelopmentServicesMap.MapServer:
Can not open file E:\arcgis\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\Internal\DevelopmentServicesMap.MapServer\extracted\p20\Updated_DevelopmentServicesMap.msd. The system cannot find the path specified. Probable cause: The file is inaccessible to Server.

I confirmed that this is the case. Only the DevelopmentServicesMap_2022033301200.MapServer directory exists in arcgisinput.

It looks to me that that second service is a backup of the original service that would be then deleted once the new service is correctly written to arcgisinput, but that is just a guess.

I've discovered that the same thing has happened to a colleague a few times. He just publishes the service under a new name and leaves the orphaned services on Server.  I'd like to find what could be causing this and deal with the missing files properly. I  have an open ticket with Esri support, but so far, no solution.

I'm publishing from pro 2.8.2 and we are running enterprise 10.8.1 in  a windows environment.

The web layer data sources are from a registered file geodatabase and an enterprise geodatabase.

I'm including the StagingJobLog from Pro. I can send other files if they are helpfulThanks for any help.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
msa401208
New Contributor

Hi, were you able to resolve this? If so, can you share how?

0 Kudos